Sunday, February 1, 2015

Wine Charms! I'll Be Making Lots Of These!

Hi Everyone,
Just a quick post before I have to hit the kitchen and start to get ready for "the BIG game" Yes, it is Superbowl and I should have been getting ready hours ago.  I am glued to the Kitten Bowl on the Hallmark Channel and while I have been up here in the craftspace all the others in the house have been getting ready for the game. So to be quick I want to tell you that I just can't stop buying charms, yup, they are rolling in for summer themed bracelets.  Now I have been buying most of the charms on etsy and loving all of them. Some I bought were just a bit to big for bracelets. I sit with a ruler by my side and still I just can't get a true handle on the size. I loved the look of this one crab that I bought but no way could he sit on a wrist. So enter the wine charm.  I also bought some sand dollars that were a bit big as well. I know I should be focused on Valentine's Day but I have been buying summer themed charms and as it happens we are going on a family reunion vacation this year at the Jersey Shore. With snow on the ground and all these awesome summer charms helping me to keep sunny thoughts I made quick work to make a favor to bring this summer. Not only that, I have so many friends with summer places at the shore that this will be an AWESOME little gifty to send them.  It took me about 5 minutes to make the wine charms and then about 5 hours to come up with the packaging.  So silly on my part, I had an idea in my mine and just could not bring it to light.  Here is a picture of the charms, so quick and easy with pre-made wine charm rings that I got from Bohemian Findings via ETSY(SHOUT OUT! I will post their link at the bottom) I had some blue and white beads in my stash from somewhere ???
  OMG.... the pic just does not show how great they look! But they do look fantastic . . . and now they need a package. I made myself some digi paper using Stampin Up Pacific Point and a some SU stamp graphics.  I did have a hard time deciding how to arrange them on cardstock.  In the end I used my We R MemoryKeepers Chinch to punch holes to hang the charms from.  Here is a pic of that action:
I cut the printed cardstock to 6.5 inches by 2.25 and the Cinch cut the holes perfectly.  I took a my SU paper snips and cut a slit on the angle into each hole.  This worked great to hold each charm in place. Now I needed a celo bag to bag them up. I saw the new "WeRMemoryKeepers" photo fuse tool and I thought why can't I just use a metal ruler and my Tulip rhinestone setter to make my bag? So I grabbed a scrapbook page protector and a metal ruler and it worked great.  I added a graphic topper and here is what you get:
How great does that look, but wait here is the back:
I love these little favors and like the label says, Shore to Please!! I used CraftArtist2 for all the printing and the cardstock is SU Pacific Point and Whisper White.  Here is the link to the ETSY shop for Bohemian Findings:
https://www.etsy.com/shop/BohemianFindings?ref=shopsection_shophome_leftnav
I love their stuff!!!!!! I just can't wait to order more charming fun!
I can't wait to give out these wine charms to my peeps, I think they are going to be a huge hit!
Enjoy the BIG GAME and hopefully I will be back soon with this years Valentine's favor
Thanks for stopping by,
Lysa

2 comments:

  1. Wow, these are fabulous Lysa!! I love how they look against the blue paper you designed and your topper, OMGosh, your topper is just perfect!! You shore (pun intended) do a great job with everything you do Lysa! You have a fan in me!! lol Hugs, Brenda

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Brenda, OMG!! I am love'n the charms. I have been so busy that there is hardly a moment to post. I should be working on Valentine's but just can't move away from the charms. So glad you like the wine charms and the packaging. I was showing them off at work today and everybody was like "Yeah, I want one". That is what makes me feel good. When I get rave reviews from the peeps that love me best, Well then I know I am on the right track! So good to hear from you, Hope all is well on your end,
    Lysa

    ReplyDelete