Wednesday, October 16, 2013

The Scan N Cut, I Pluged It In Again!

Hi Everyone,
I just had to plug in the SnC one more time, Just to make sure I didn't miss anything.  I am just being silly at this point.  I thought I'd share the picture with you all so you could see that the computer did read the SnC. Here are my pics, boring as they are:

I tried to read any possible information off of the drive.  I thought for sure I would at least be able to view the fcm files that are on the SnC but I couldn't.  I also tried to send some cutting info to the SnC via 3 or 4 different software packs.  Of course none worked but who could blame a crafty girl for trying. I have good news in regard to the missing "Cut Up This Book" book.  My dealer called today and they got them in so I can pick it up anytime.  It really is sad that the Hubs has to drive all the way back down there.  It was almost an hour away.  For my next round of silliness I am going to try to "retro fit" a blade holder in to my SnC because I know I won't be able to find these blades locally. Well we will see how that goes.  This really is my favorite part of a new machine - the down and dirty part!  On a lighter note I found a great work around for cutting my small tag shapes.  I printed a page template of a favorite punch shape on clear transparency film and used it as an overlay.  Meaning I printed the tags artwork on good cardstock and then placed the transparency over it. 25 tags and shapes on both.  I taped them both down. I let the scanner read the black line of the transparency and removed the transparency prior to pressing the cut button.  Worked great and the artwork was nicely centered. I was amazed how well the scanner read the shiny transparency.  I hope to do this again with another shape and I will take some pictures and post them so you will better understand how I did it.  It is just so busy around here with Halloween coming up.  I have to work on Rory's costume this weekend and she has a vocal recital as well.  See you soon and thanks for visiting,
Lysa

2 comments:

  1. Sounds like you are figuring out things on this new machine pretty good Lysa! I would be so dumb at it. lol Glad you are getting the book, just a shame you have to drive so far to get it. Since Amazon has this machine on their site, could you order your blades from there?

    ReplyDelete
  2. In my opinion, this is the most exciting part in having a new device. Figuring how it works and exploring all its features. It's like opening a present wrapped up nicely. How is it working, by the way?

    Ruby Badcoe @ Williams Data Management

    ReplyDelete