Saturday, March 8, 2014

Crafty Goodness, The Hubs Strikes Again!

Hi Everyone,
Oh wow how weeks do pass! We have all been busy around here watching winter slowly turn to spring.  I must say today is beautiful here in Jersey. The sun is shining, the windows are open and I can hear the high school marching band practicing for tomorrows St. Pat's parade. I thought I would pit stop my blog to show you some pics of the cabinet the Hubs has made me for my ink storage.  He sure is a wiz these days with wood.  I asked if he could copy the ink storage system that is made by Stamp-n-Storage.  I showed him a picture and asked if he could change it up to be taller and narrow to fit the space where my current ink caddy is.  I knew I wanted it to hold a future Stampin' Up collection that I plan to purchase so I asked for 3 columns of 20, thinking that I could work with a total of 60.  I was amazed how great it came out.  Here are some pics I took along the way:
 WOW! he did an awesome job, it looks great and then I told him I wanted it painted black. Really I drive the dude crazy.  I love my SU ink and I mostly use re-inkers as I am not a huge rubber stamper and mostly use ink with sponges to highlight.  I told the Hubs that it would cost $1,000.00 to fill that cabinet with the pad, marker and re-inker. Well, let's just say I won't be placing that order any time soon. In the meantime I painted the cabinet black and hung it on the wall in the craftspace and it looks awesome!! Here is a pic and as you can see it is completely filled just waiting for me to collect more ink!
 I love how the shelves can be moved around. I made 1 box to replace 2 shelves in the first column so a my SU re-inkers are there.  I figure as I buy new pads, re-inkers and markers to complete my SU color collection I can use the shelf for all my other ink pads.  I love this shelf and a huge shout out to the Hubs (Paul) for a great job.  Hope you all are having a great weekend and thanks for stopping by,
Lysa

3 comments:

  1. Wow, your hubby is amazing Lysa! This turned out fabulous! You are one lucky lady to have a hubby to build such fine organizing pieces for you. I love how it looks hanging in your craft room too. So excited for you! Hugs

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is wonderful Lysa...aren't hubbies great :) Yours did a fantastic job of this! I love great storage.
    Hope you and yours are all well
    Hugs xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow !! Great job, shout outs to Hubs. It is lovely.

    ReplyDelete