The weather here in Jersey is finally starting to break. I still have my snowman collection on the mantle and was hoping to get them put away and all my Easter bunnies up this weekend but instead I hunkered down in the craftroom to play. I completed 120 baby shower favors for one of the work peeps whose having a shower for her daughter. I have been making tons of bracelets too. First the favors: The shower theme is "Ahoy It's A Boy" I had a lot of fun with this simple favor. I used CraftArtist2 to print the tags and then cut them out with a Spellbinders label four die. Each favor has 5 lifesaver candies that went into a plain candy bag from AC Moore. The base of the topper is a 4X4 piece of cardstock, folded at the 2" mark. I used a corner punch on the ends and a corner rounder on the top. The label is popped up with SU stampin dimentionals. Plain twine from the dollar store and an anchor punch to finish it off. Simple and cost effective. My friend from work saw a picture on Pinterest and they were super easy to duplicate. Here are the pictures of them ready to go.
Then I wanted to make a bracelet for a friend who just got promoted to Court Administrator. I picked up some law themed charms the last time I placed an order so I was ready to go when her promotion came through. Here is a picture of the bracelet and the awesome box I made to put it in.
Then I got it in my head after seeing bracelets made out of guitar string online that I wanted to make one. And don't you know the Hubs is a guitar player. Yup, he is and I have guitar strings all over the house. So here is a picture of my first attempts:
I have been complaining about my picture taking skills a lot lately so the Hubs went to the dollar store and for a grand total of $5.00 he made me a little portable photo booth. Wow what a difference. He bought 2 pieces of foamcore board, a sheet of white poster board, a roll of packing tape and a white plastic table cover. He made 4 frames from the foamcore (3 sides and a top) He covered each frame with the white plastic and taped 3 side by side leave a little gap so they could fold up. He clipped the white poster board to the back with binder clips and rested the top in place. I used my Ottlight for the lighting but plan to buy some clip on lights for each side. It worked great and you can really see the difference in the last picture. Oh yeah and I used a coupon at Michael's to get my hand. At least you can see the bracelets now. And just to show one more picture, here is another summer bracelet: