Sunday, March 29, 2015

Kumihimo! Yes To A New Love!

Hi Crafty Peeps,
KUMIHIMO, How ever did I miss the onset of this crafty goodness?  Just a quick post to say WOWZER, I love to braid!!  I had shown the little one (Rory) a video by the "Frugal Crafter" (here is the link)
https://thefrugalcrafter.wordpress.com/2015/03/19/like-the-ones-you-made-at-camp-only-better/
and I watched as her eyes widen. Perfect I thought for this summer.  Let's get braiding.  Now I am not FRUGAL in any sense of the word so even after watching numerous vids on how to make a braiding disk, I of course went out an bought not 1, not 2, but 3 disks so that all the girly girls in the HOUSE could get their BRAID on.  Here is my first pic of my set up with the disk.  A basic spiral thanks to the frugalcrafter!!
Now mind you I should be in Easter mode as we are here in the end of March but I just happen to have yards of orange and black 2mm satin rat-tail in my crafty stash (You go Lysa, Save Everything!! Atta Girl!!) Super easy and super quick I love me some KUMIHIMO!! This my friends will be the beginning of a new love affair with fibers, beads, and all kinds of crafty goodness. Shout out of THANKS to Lindsay over at her blog  https://thefrugalcrafter.wordpress.com/
because I now know my summer will be spent well poolside and at the beach with an awesome craft that Me, My Daughter and Granddaughter will be enjoying this summer.  Here is a pic of my first finished bracelet. WOW Halloween in March.  Somebody please send me a Bunny!!
 See you next week and thanks for stopping by,
Lysa

No comments:

Post a Comment