Friday, November 9, 2012

So Cute Snowman ... So Not My Idea!


Hi Everyone,
Just a quick Friday post and check in as this weekend is "TAKE DOWN HALLOWEEN!" OK, so I am a week behind.  Due to Hurricane Sandy, Halloween was postponed and there was no way I was going to take down the decorations until after I saw all the little trick or treaters. So as I sat at the kitchen table with my ipad waiting for my doorbell to ring in hopes of passing out candy I came across the most adorable snowman tea light on a Stampin 'Up web site. Becky Roberts of Inking Idaho (who has an awesome blog) that you can view here:
http://inkingidaho.blogspot.com/
She had this snowman made out of tea lights!  I had to make them right away.  Now if I could I would buy the entire Stampin 'Up catalog, but sadly I have to pick and choose what I can buy. Thanks to my Zing and MTC I can use what I have to create all the awesome crafty goodness I see online.  Here is my snowman that I saw on Becky's site along with my file I used to create the snowman.  I can't wait to make these in a large number.  I plan to hang these off of all the gifts I give this year. Here is the picture and the file links for this project
Here is the link to the .pdf file for the snowman's hat:
http://www.mediafire.com/view/?39i57rh03hsixp2
and the MTC file is here:
http://www.mediafire.com/download.php?wi0jucjazyho451
 Please don't thank me for this cutie as it is all Stampin 'Up! I used the SU snowflake folder to emboss mine but I am sure any pattern will work just as well.  I used some black gem bling for my "coal" but if you only have clear just color it with a black Sharpie marker. I used my Tombow glue for the "coal" on that one but next time round I think I will try Crazy Glue.  I used a handle from a gift bag for the scarf but on my next one I am going to try something different like fabric.  Enjoy and please make some of these because they are even more adorable in person!!  Thanks for stopping by,
Lysa

3 comments:

  1. Lysa, this is so cute. Thank you for sharing the files.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Michelle,
    Enjoy! Hope you make a few as he was quick and easy. I added a little string so that they can hang from a package or even the tree. Only thing is the battery life is probably poor. Have a great day,
    Lysa

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank you for sharing your files. I Love this.!!!!

    ReplyDelete