Monday, November 29, 2010

The first 2010 Christmas Crafty Goodie

Hi All,
Even with the busy weekend when all the decorating was done, Rory and I had time to make at least 1 quick craft on Sunday night.  We decided that Magic Reindeer Food would be the favor she would give to her friends this year.  I love this craft but I just can't get on board with the glitter in the recipe.  I keep thinking that one of the little ones will want to take a taste.  So our recipe is as follows:
oatmeal, Wilton white crystal sugar, Wilton red crystal sugar, Wilton cinnamon drops (aka: Rudolph spares), and powdered cinnamon.  Rory had a blast mixing up the batch and asked so many questions as to why reindeer like each of the ingredients. This is a great kid craft.  I have also used granola mixed with oats too.  The rabbits and birds will eat it up.  I know the glitter looks a bit better but I just can't bring myself to use it.  Wilton makes an edible glitter but it is very pricey.  I think its $5.99 for a small vile.  The tag art is from an old Microsoft picture it CD and the tag was cut with my most favorite Stampin Up punches.
The standard reindeer poem is on the back of the tag.  It reads:

Sprinkle on the lawn at night,
The moon will make it sparkle bright,
As Santa's Reindeer fly and roam,
This food will guide them to your home!

I hope you like what Rory and I created for our first project of the season.  My favorite part was watching her mix up the batch.  So cute to see a young'n with wide eyes at Christmas and I believe this reindeer food was not the only magic in the air    in  our home on Sunday night.  Thanks so much for stopping by and enjoy the Christmas crafty season!
Lysa

No comments:

Post a Comment