Monday, November 1, 2010

Happy November Everyone!


Hi Everyone,
Wow it seems like I was floating in the pool just yesterday,  Now its November 1st!  Halloween is behind us and the holiday season is just around the bend.  I took a trip to the craft store this weekend and picked up all my Christmas papers for the season and I love them all.  I really love the K and Co. Susan Winget paper stack I got.  This paper will make great treat boxes.  I had already purchased my Stampin Up cardstock but added a digi download of their Deck the Hall series.  I haven't set my mind to what box favor I will be making this year.  I hope to get going this weekend.  In the meantime I thought I'd post a picture of last years cocoa packet favor.  I made so many of these.  This was a true case of designing the favor around the paper.  What happened was ... I print the inside of my holiday cards every year.  Well, last year in my haste I missed a typo.  I had run about 35 or so of the cards through the printer when I realized that I had messed up.  I was so bummed out.  I kept thinking of the cost of the cards. And I loved these snowman cards that I had found at Walgreens.  I thought for sure I would not be able to find another 2 boxes.  Paul was a dear (as always) and ran to Walgreens and was able to replace them.  I think he only had to go to 2 stores.
Ok, well with the cards reprinted I just could not throw away the other cards.  So I trimmed off the front and used them as a belly band around the cocoa packet favor.  I love how they turned out.  I rarely use blues at Christmas as I prefer the greens and deep reds so it was nice to step outside of my comfort zone and work with these colors. I really enjoyed all the silver ink too. I am looking forward to the holiday crafting 2010 season and hope to post some nice ideas. Thanks for visiting.
Lysa

No comments:

Post a Comment