Monday, June 3, 2013

Room 2, I'm Calling It Done!

Hi Everyone,
Oh Yeah!!! Room 2 is D-O-N-E, DONE! I thought instead of rambling on and on I would come up with a before and after picture.  Simply put I love how this room came out.  The little girl is away and hasn't seen it yet.  We made a promise that when she returned home from a family event on her Dad's side she would be able to sleep in her new room.  Paul, Sam, Leon and myself all worked our tails off to make it happen.  Here is a before picture of the room after it was emptied of all Sam's things:
Now,(trying to stay with the same general view) here is what it looks like now:
Awesome! Not a princess or the color pink in sight!  It really is her first "big girl" room.  Ok, her dolls are still here but they should be. Here are some more pictures:
I recycled an old lamp of Sam's. Paul rewired it and I added some vinyl to music it up a bit.
Painted an old mirror black and added some pre-fab dressers (wow, she has 12 drawers). Notice how there are no wires coming from the TV.  Thanks to Paul's creativity he put a faux back that he painted the same color as the wall on the shelving unit.  Saved a lot of time running the wires through the wall.  He did this for Sam too.  We recycled Sam's dvd shelves so that Rory could keep her dvds neat and in place.
Sam dug out all her American Girl things from back in the day and has decided to give most of it to her daughter.  Now, I will say most of it because every time she opened something that was an original Pleasant Co. product (other than her Samantha Parkington doll) she packed it back up.  Sorry, Rory no wicker table and chairs for you! But I will tell you Sam forked over all the late dated stuff like that bunk bed and computer desk.  I would say Rory's collection grew double in size.
I broke apart this $4.00 clock from the dollar store  and added the vinyl decal to it.  I love it, but I can hear it ticking 2 rooms away.

Sam and Leon took care of all the hanging art work.  They spent yesterday printing pictures of NYC and framing them into frames from the dollar store.  They took a little extra time with this shadow box from Target and framed Rory's ticket and Playbill.  It came out fantastic!
Last but not least, Paul was hell bent on recycling Rory's old bed.  Just not to throw out good wood.  So he created a desk for her.  It came out great!  I had some old cork boards that we painted black and added some white vinyl writing to. 
We are all so happy this room is done.  We can't wait to see the little girl enjoying it.  So what's in store for Room 3 you may ask.  Well, I have a picture of my future Craftspace and here it is:
Yup! There it is, 10'X12' of a hot mess! And here is a picture of my budget for the craft room:
Yup, 2 buckets of change! Ok, in all fairness I see a lot of quarters in there.  And I am a pretty crafty girl, so check back a see what happens to the final room of the 3 room redo.
Thanks for visiting,
Lysa

3 comments:

  1. You should all be so proud of yourselves Lysa....this turned out AWESOME! Rory is going to love it. You'll probably never see her...she'll be hibernating in there lol How exciting that your space is next :) I bet it doesn't look anything like it currently does, once you've finished with it!! I hope you find lots of dollars hiding in those paint tins :) Anyway, you're inventive enough to create a castle from a cottage on a shoestring....I've seen what you can do, so you go girl :) Can't wait to see the end result.
    Hugs xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow, Rory's room looks amazing!! I bet she can't wait to get in there! I love that your room is next and can't wait to see what you do with it. I'm repainting our guest room and next I want to do my craft room, so I will be checking back to see what crafty things you have came up with!! I hope you find a lot of cash in those two change buckets!! lol My budget-the cost of paint and not a penny more. lol I love how crafty and clever you are!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Lynne and Brenda,
    Thanks so much for all your kind words. I just can't wait to get going on the craft room. I hope to start cleaning it and lifting the carpet this week end. I can't wait to bring all that change to the bank and see what I am working with. I have a basic idea for things but what I want most is storage and a well lit work surface. My ole eyes are not what they used to be and lighting is a priority now! Thanks so much to you both for visiting me through the room makeovers, I just can't wait to get crafty and make something like a card or favor box.
    Lysa

    ReplyDelete