Saturday, April 3, 2010

Looking For The Frog

Hi All,
Happily living in my basement is basically the remaining contents of my folks home. Now deceased, I just can't seem to part with these remaining items. Most of the things that are still around are utilitarian items, Ya know like kitchen things. Yup, got the dishes, the silverware, their coffee mugs. All the stuff that reminds me of the home I grew up in. My Mom was big into fresh cut flowers and loved her rose bushes. We always had cut flowers around. Mom also kept beautiful lilac bushes too. So last week I go looking for one of her flower frogs. I noticed along the blogging way that other bloggers uses them to prop up the cards and things they make for their photos. Well I know I must have 4 or 5 of them down in the basement. I know they are down there somewhere! Yeah well after searching for like 3 hours or so I gave up. but as I was leaving the basement out of the corner of my eye I see this cigar box, a really nice cigar box, kinda tucked up on the shelf on the far right side. ok so now I am climbing to reach it. I had to see what was in it. Finally I get my hands on it and pure joy washed over me. As you can see by the pictures this is a prime example of one woman's JUNK being another woman's TREASURE. I spent hours looking at these buttons. I can even remember some of the clothing that the particular button came from. Oh, and for sure I can see myself digging the rhinestones out of some of them. I just can't wait to go back down to the basement to look for the frog again, mostly because I know I will find something fun.
Have a great week end and a Happy Easter.
Lysa

1 comment:

  1. Forget the frog. The buttons are what's up especially the colorful rhinestones button
    got to love it. I bet you were glad that you stumped across that cigar box even those that not what you were looking for in the first place who would ever think that when you open the box that you would find your Mom treasure of buttons go figure!!!

    PS: By the way love the red bow ribbons with the black & white border on both of the sides a touch of class!!! You go Girl!!!

    ReplyDelete