Sunday, July 25, 2010

Paper Raffia Ribbon - Why Can't I Find It?

Hi Everyone,
I remember doing lots and lots of paper twist crafts back in the late '80's and early '90's.  I loved that stuff.  I wove baskets and made wreaths and even life size dolls out of it (the base was a tomato cage).  It was fairly inexpensive and oh so available.  Well while looking for pictures of Halloween projects I have done I came across a picture (as always not a great picture) of this little witch. Her body is made from the paper raffia ribbon and her cloak is made from regular paper twist.  I've done angels like this as well for the Christmas season.  I still have this witch and was thinking I'd like to make some new ones as mine is getting pretty frail in her old age. I also would love to make a few as gifts for Halloween this year. Sadly, I am pretty sure its not going to happen.  I have been all over the internet looking for the paper raffia that was made by MPR ribbon.  I am having no luck what so ever.  I also could not find a source for the regular paper twist.  I will try on Monday to see if MPR in High Point N.C. is still in business and try to give them a call.  In the meantime if anyone can clue me into a source for the paper twist I would be one happy crafter!  Thanks for visiting and enjoy the rest of the weekend!
Lysa

2 comments:

  1. Lysa,

    What a neat project! Unfortunately I don't recall seeing this anywhere. I will keep a look out and if I see it I will let you know. I am going to CHA on Friday and if I see it I will be happy to send it to you. E-mail me to let me know how much you will need in case I find it. Denise@PurplePaperParadise.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. Holy shit! I was searching for the paper rafis ribbon and I came upon your link i clicked on the witch to see what it said about the ribbon and I saw your face on the blog. How funny is that! I am still searching for it.
    Annette

    ReplyDelete