Monday, September 27, 2010

Halloween Is In The House!

HALLOWEEN ... yes it is my favorite holiday.  Every year I sadly pack up all the summer things.  The dishes, the seashells, all the patriotic treasures. I say good bye to the swimming pool and all the bathing suits get put away.  And then down from the attic comes Halloween.  In all is orange glory. This year I was thinking as I unwrapped all my Halloween decorations which Halloween icon do I like best.  Was it the goblins, the witches, the black cats, or the pumpkins?  I just could not decide which it was that made me love Halloween so much.  Than I started to look around at things I had made over the years, and believe me there is a lot.  From wood shapes to paper and everything in between. You know all of us crafters are like that.  We toggle from craft to craft showing off any skill we learned along the way.  While I was standing in the center of the living room my eyes fell on this ribbon witch that I had made sometime back in 2000 or maybe 2001.  I just love her!  She is made from a bow. Yes a bow.  and two of the bow loops make her arms!  The rest of the bow is glued to a foam cone and a purchased doll head is glued to the top.  I made her broom from a twig from the yard and sisal fibers that were cut from a pre-made broom.  She has my favorite spiders in her hair and on her broom.  A pumpkin and goblin bell hang from her ribbon belt.  And can you see the goblin confetti hanging in her hair.  I smile when I see her.  I hope you all like her as much as I do. Thanks for stopping by and letting me share her with you.  Have a great night.
Lysa

No comments:

Post a Comment