Saturday, September 18, 2010

The Imagine is in the craft space

Well... There it is.  What can it do? What can't it do?  Am I glad that I bought it?
First and foremost I just got it about 18 hours ago.  I'll say right from the start it sure is pretty.  Just the kind of machine I have a tendency to fall for. People... it has a plug and one thing for sure if I can plug into an outlet I'm half way to heaven.  I was on board with this new cricut from the start.  Yup, from the first rumor that magically appeared along with a patten application right through the HSN release.  Following the Facebook and blogging updates and even the JustinTV interviews with the engineering dudes.  I knew going in this was going to be a machine that was being released without being it full glorious self.  Meaning I knew that I would be waiting for updates and "possible" software packages to be released. The fact is I knew going in that it would not be able to do what I wanted (needed) it to do.  So of course I bought it.  I plan on naming it some cute cleaver name as soon as I can think of one. Here are a few first thoughts I have about the imagine:
It was easy to use right out of the box.
The new mat adhesive is horrible (I did all the quick fix it tips like the warm water and the scrapper rub but it won't be long before I hit it up with some zig glue)
You can't easily tape down odd types of media as if you cover the black registration lines it won't read the mat.
It did a great job printing on and cutting fabric! (Cool)
I will need to buy a gypsy so that I can use it to make the kind of things I make.
Provo will really needs to introduce a software package for this or it won't hold a crafters interest for a long period of time as crafters need more than prefab-ed images.  They already have that on their regular computers. (com'on Provo we want to use our own art!!)
I won't be happy till I can import some form of graphic files like a jpeg or png file.  I have great digi files and papers of my own that I want to use.
The screen was bigger than I thought.  I can see it!
Love the RGB ability. That is something I will use.
Enough said for now.  You may have noticed that I did not post a picture of something that I made. Know why.  Well that would be because I haven't made a completed project yet.  But I have been printing and cutting stuff out for hours.  Hope to make something soon.  Have a great day!!
Lysa

No comments:

Post a Comment